Cert.Ed. (UK); BEd, MEd (Saskatchewan); PhD (Calgary)
Dr. J. Tim Goddard is Professor of Education at the University of Prince Edward Island, where he also serves as Graduate Studies Coordinator within the Faculty of Education. His research and teaching is in the field of educational administration and leadership, broadly defined, with a focus on international development and education in fragile communities.
Professor Goddard recently served as Project Director for the $10.5 million Global Affairs Canada funded Teacher Certification and Accreditation of Teacher Training Institutions in Afghanistan initiative, a five year project which commenced in October 2011. His current research, which explores school leadership at the intersect of post-colonial, post-conflict and post-catastrophe contexts, is informed by that experience, as well as by a 40 year career spent engaged in emancipatory education initiatives and research with post-conflict, minority culture, and Indigenous communities in northern Canada, Kosovo, Lebanon, Papua New Guinea, Slovenia, and Sweden.
- International Education = Éducation Comparée et Internationale, 2018
- Journal of Educational Leadership, Policy and Practice, 2015
- Leadership & Policy in Schools, 2015
- School level leadership in post-conflict societies, 2013
- , 2012
- No classification given
- Educational leadership and administration across cultures
- Ethnocultural diversity and developmental education
- School systems as organizations
- The role of the principal in school culture
- The preparation and professional development of teachers