Cardiac effects of white snakeroot intoxication in horses
Smetzer, D. L.Coppock, R. W.Ely, R. W.Duckett, Wendy M.Buck, W. B.
Three horses from one farm were suspected of being poisoned as a result of ingesting white snakeroot plants (Eupatorium rugosum). Severe depression and rear-limb ataxia were the most striking clinical signs found. In addition, evidence of right heart failure and electrocardiographic abnormalities were found. The one horse that died had extensive myocardial lesions at PM examination..