Associate Professor, Finance
BScEE (New Brunswick); MBA, PhD (McMaster); CFA; PEng
Dr. Andrew Carrothers is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Faculty of Business. He teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of corporate, international, personal, and entrepreneurial finance. He holds a PhD in Finance from McMaster University. His primary research
interest is corporate governance, with a particular focus on hedge fund activism and executive compensation. He is also active with research on financial literacy.
Prior to joining UPEI, Andrew gained extensive work experience as a senior manager at an S&P 500 company. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder and is a member of Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Journal of Business and Economics, 2019
- Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, 2019
- Canadian Journal of Regional Science = Revue canadienne des sciences régionales, 2018
- Canadian Securities Institute Research Foundation Journal, 2018
- Global Journal of Research in Management, 2017
- no classification
- Corporate governance
- Hedge fund activism
- Executive compensation
- Financial literacy education