BA (MacMaster); MA (Toronto); PhD (Rochester)
Ian Dowbiggin teaches medieval and modern European history, as well as 20th c. world history and the history of science and medicine.
He is the author of Inheriting Madness: Professionalization and Psychiatric Knowledge in 19th C. France (1991), Keeping America Sane: Psychiatry and Eugenics in the United States and Canada,1880-1940 (1997), Suspicious Minds: The Triumph of Paranoia in Everyday Life (1999) and most recently, A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America (2003).
- Bulletin of the History of Medicine, 2018
- The American Historical Review, 2015
- University Press of Kansas, 2014
- Queen's Quarterly, 2013
- Journal of Policy History, 2013
- No classification given
- History of medicine - especially the history of psychiatry and psychology