Professor; Director, Centre for Health and Biotech Management Research
MSc, PhD (Germany)
Juergen Krause earned his Masters degree in Chemistry and his PhD degree in Biochemistry from the University of Konstanz, Germany and performed his postdoctoral studies at the University of Chicago, Illinois. Before moving into education, he spent 22 years in the Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical industry. Juergen worked 18 years for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in both the European and United States offices before joining Millennium Pharmaceuticals (now Takeda) in Cambridge, Massachusetts as Vice President of R&D Strategy & Operations in 2004. During his career, he served in several different operational and strategic capacities, holding senior and executive positions in research and development, manufacturing and quality management, project management, pipeline and portfolio management and strategy development. He also successfully championed global company initiatives and a number of industry/university collaborations and led alliances with other industry partners.
Dr. Krause joined the faculty of the UPEI School of Business in July 2008 as an Associate Professor and teaches mostly in the field of strategic management, project management and biotechnology.
- Canadian Journal of Regional Science = Revue canadienne des sciences régionales, 2018
- International Journal for Population Data Science, 2017
- Management of Biological Invasions, 2016
- Using old solutions to new problems - natural drug discovery in the 21st Century,, 2013
- International Journal of Business and Management, 2013
- no classification
- Management of science and innovation
- Change and opportunity in the global life science industry
- Health care delivery and policy making
- Community safety and well-being