BA (Texas State); PhD (Tennessee)
Dr. Arfken's primary research interests are at the intersection of critical social theory and phenomenology. He is particularly interested in understanding how hermeneutic phenomenology and critical social theory challenge social psychological conceptualizations of social reality. In his research and teaching, he focuses on a wide range of topics including environmentalism, gender, economics, globalization, cultural diversity, qualitative research methods, social justice, and cognitive science.
- Theory & Psychology, 2018
- The Palgrave handbook of critical social psychology, 2017
- Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 2016
- Handbook of critical psychology, 2015
- Encyclopedia of critical psychology, 2014