BA (UPEI); MBA (Windsor)
In 2007, Melissa joined the public service of Prince Edward Island as Deputy Minister of Tourism. In 2011, she was asked to serve as Deputy Minister of Innovation and Advanced Learning. She has served as professor of marketing at the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) in Charlottetown since 2003 and has acted as the Faculty Director of the Tourism Research Centre at UPEI since 2006.
Her past industry experience includes marketing management, marketing research and business development. She has also held positions at Aliant, Island Tel, Strait Crossing and Bell Canada.
- Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning, 2018
- International Journal of Educational Management, 2017
- 3rd International Conference on Higher Education Advances, HEAd’17 Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain June 21–23, 2017, 2017
- TTRA 2017 International Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, June 20-22, 2017, 2017
- Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 2017
- No classification given
- Tourism and tourism marketing
- Labour market and labour market mobility
- Post-secondary internationalization