PhD, Second language education, University of Toronto; MA, French Studies, McMaster; BA, French, UPEI
Since 2002, Dr. Miles Turnbull has worked in and provided leadership to UPEI’s pre-service and graduate programs. He was Coordinator of the Bachelor of Education—français langue seconde from 2002–2010. As Coordinator of Graduate Studies from 2008–2011 he led in establishing the PhD in Educational Studies, and a special cohort of the MEd program for community college educators. Dr. Turnbull is a past-president of the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT) and before joining the faculty at UPEI, was an Assistant Professor in the Modern Language Centre at OISE-University of Toronto, and worked in core and immersion French programs in three Canadian provinces. He has his BA (French) from UPEI, MA (Études françaises in teaching French as a second language) from McMaster University, and PhD in Second Language Education from the University of Toronto.
Dr. Turnbull was appointed Vice-Principal Academic at Bishop's University effective January 1, 2014.
- , 2009
- Emerging language and social issues in Canada, 2009
- Revue Canadienne des Langues Vivantes, 2009
- First language use in second and foreign language learning, 2009
- Canadian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 2008
- No classification given
- Codeswitching in second and foreign language teaching and learning
- Literacy and content-based teaching in immersion programs
- French Immersion
- Core French
- Teachers’ and school principals’ beliefs about language learning and teaching boys and language learning