Former Associate Professor
BA, MBA (Dalhousie); PhD (Lancaster)
Dr. Roberta MacDonald was a Professor teaching primarily in the Marketing area. She had been with the School of Business since 1984. Before this, she taught in the School of Management at the University of Calgary and was a visiting Professor in the Management School at Lancaster University, UK. She has also been associated with the Universiti Sains Malaysia and Florida Atlantic University.
From 2002 to 2011, Professor MacDonald was the Dean of the School of Business. During this time, she oversaw many changes in the School to help it grow and focus for the future. This included new faculty/staff hiring, new program and credential offerings, including new degrees and the new eMBA program, new partnerships and research centers, and a new showcase building for the School.
Prior to her university career, she worked in marketing positions for General Motors of Canada, TransAlta Utilities, and Molson's Western Breweries Ltd. All of these provided valuable insights into practical business, as did numerous consulting projects and Board appointments.
Over the years, Dr. MacDonald has pursued research interests in marketing, international business, management education and tourism. She has many peer reviewed publications and presentations to her credit.
- International Journal of Management & Marketing Research (IJMMR), 2014
- International Journal of Culture, Tourism & Hospitality Research, 2012
- Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management, 2010
- Freedom to travel, 2008
- 39th Annual Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) Conference, June 15-17, 2008, Philadelphia, PA, USA,, 2008
- no classification
- International marketing (country of origin for products and services)
- Consumer behaviour
- Tourism development and behaviors