Interim Dean, Faculty of Business; Associate Professor
BSc (Alexandria); MSc (Louisiana State); PhD (Old Dominion)
Dr. Tarek Mady holds a Ph.D. in Marketing, emphasis in International Business from Old Dominion University (USA), an M.Sc. in Finance from Louisiana State University (USA), and a B.Sc. in Business Administration from Alexandria University (Egypt). Prior to joining the Faculty of Business at UPEI as an Associate Professor of Marketing in 2015, he held various academic and administrative appointments at the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University (Montreal), The American University of Dubai (UAE), Alexandria University (Egypt), The Graduate School of Business of The Arab Academy for Science and Technology (Egypt), and Old Dominion University (United States).
His work has been published in several leading academic journals and conference proceedings including: Journal of Global Marketing, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Journal of Consumer Behaviour, International Journal of Advertising, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Journal of Euromarketing, Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference, and Proceedings of the Society for Marketing Advances (SMA) Annual Conference. He has also recently co-authored book chapters for The Routledge Companion to the Future of Marketing (Routledge) and Analyzing the Culturally Diverse Consumer in the Global Marketplace (IGI Global).
Dr. Mady is an Associate Editor for The Journal of Modelling in Management and a founding member of the Association of Global Business Research (AGBR). His honors include the 2015 Outstanding Reviewer Award from the Emerald Literati Network for Excellence, AUD Business Students Association (BSA) Best Marketing Professor Award (2010), AUD President’s Award for Teaching Excellence (2009), and Fellowships at both the 38th Annual American Marketing Association (AMA) Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium and Annual SMA Doctoral Consortium. He is also the recipient of a number of research awards including the “Best-in-Track” Paper Award in Consumer Behavior at the 2009 Annual AMS Conference, the AUD Provost’s Award for Outstanding Research (2008), and "Best Student Paper" Award in Marketing Strategy Track at the 2002 Annual SMA Conference.
- Back to the Future: Using Marketing Basics to Provide Customer Value. AMSAC 2017. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science, 2018
- International Journal of Emerging Markets, 2018
- Boundary blurred : A seamless customer experience in virtual and real spaces: AMSAC 2018. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science, 2018
- Revolution in marketing: Market driving changes, 2015
- Proceedings of the 2007 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference, 2015
- no classification
- Cross-cultural consumer behavior
- Acculturation to the global consumer culture
- International marketing strategy
- Emerging markets
- Attitudes toward the marketing function