Professor; Margaret and Wallace McCain Chair in Human Development and Health
BPHE (Lakehead); MSc (Ottawa); PhD (Toronto)
Dr. Bill Montelpare completed his PhD from the University of Toronto in Community Health, specializing in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Exercise Science. He was the first director of the Health Studies Program at Brock University and was later appointed as director of the School of Kinesiology at Lakehead University. There, Dr. Montelpare worked with colleagues in Nursing and Professional Studies to create the first Masters in Public Health (MPH) program in Canada.
Dr. Montelpare’s research is ongoing in the areas of evaluation of maternal/neonatal and child health with a specific emphasis on health in the early years (ages 1-5). A major research focus includes health promotion through the delivery of health science education in the elementary school classroom, as well as the development of web-based applications for data capture, data analysis, and dissemination of findings leading to the development of approaches for health surveillance as well as for the development of online delivery of curriculum.
- Games for Health Journal, 2017
- Journal of Pregnancy, 2017
- The Journal of School Nursing, 2017
- International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 2017
- Medical Research Archives, 2017
- No classification given
- Issues in public health and exercise science
- Injury prevention in sport and recreational pursuits
- Promoting daily quality physical activity, balanced energy consumption, and tobacco exposure avoidance