BSc, MSc, PhD (Dalhousie)
Dr. Derek Lawther, an experimental physicist, uses positron annihilation to identify defects in materials such as metals. He probes for defects at the atomic level and works to understand better how to manipulate these defects to produce enhanced physical properties such as increased strength or conductivity.
- physica status solidi (c), 2007
- Applied Physics Letters, 2001
- Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, 1997
- Applied Physics Letters, 1996
- Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research Section B-Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 1996
- no classification