BA (MacMaster); MA (Toronto); PhD (Rochester)
Ian Dowbiggin teaches Modern European History, the History of Genocide, the History of Medicine, and the History of the Environmentalist Movement. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
His most recent book is The Search for Domestic Bliss: Marriage and Family Counselling in Modern America. (University Press of Kansas, 2015) Dowbiggin's A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America (Oxford University Press) received honourable mention for the Canadian Historical Association's Wallace Ferguson Prize.
- Bulletin of the History of Medicine, 2018
- The American Historical Review, 2015
- University Press of Kansas, 2014
- Journal of Policy History, 2013
- Queen's Quarterly, 2013
- no classification
- History of medicine - especially the history of psychiatry and psychology