BSc, PhD (Waterloo)
Dr. Michael van den Heuvel studies the effects of agriculture and chemical use on freshwater and coastal environments. His focus is the endocrine responses, immunotoxicology, and population health of fish. He is working to develop methods and solutions to best monitor environmental problems and better protect rivers in Prince Edward Island.
- Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2021
- Northeastern Naturalist, 2020
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 2020
- Water Quality Research Journal, 2020
- Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 2020
- no classification